Tuesday, March 20, 2012

GREASEWOOD IN THE RAIN


Tonight there was a rather large storm pass through the area. I love storms.  And I'm especially thankful for this one. Our area is in drought mode and we are rationing our water in anticipation of a bad summer.  So a huge Texas storm is very welcomed. 

Growing up in Mexico, we had not real Winters.  At most it was in the 40's or 50's and all we got was rain.  So rain, to me, indicates winter and family time.  I guess that's one reason I love rain.  Another reason is that it reminds me of the wet, desert smells when it rains. Oh my! I would be a happy soul if I could die smelling the scent of wet greasewood as I die. Nothing in the world compares to it.  And that's saying something because I am all about aromatherapy, and I love several different scents.  But wet, rainy, greasewood beats them all. :)

I wish I could push a button sometimes and have life sweep me back to the years of childhood happiness, visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Tucson, and feeling their love and joy.  I miss them.  I miss their house in the mountains of Tucson, surrounded by coyote and other wildlife, and being able to see the panorama of Tucson through their wall-to-wall window in the living room, which made one feel like they were peering out of the canyon into an open valley and one could see all the "twinkling" city lights.  Amazing.  It was beautiful.  And I miss it.

I love the rain.  I love the smell of greasewood in the rain.

Don't take my word for it!  Read all about it rain and greasewood HERE!

No comments:

Merry Christmas 2022!

This post is taken directly from our family Christmas newsletter, with minimum edits (which are not for public posting).     🎄 Merry Christ...