It's about time, eh? :)
Well, our New Year kicked off to a great start. All are healthy and fine. Life is good and we are so terribly blessed. We are so grateful!
Bob is off on a Scout Camp-out right now, due back tomorrow by lunch time. Jonathan was out last night with friends at the Dollar theater watching "Alpha and Omega" (cute movie!). One of the girls happens to be his "interest" at the moment. She's a cute girl, very shy, but very nice too. He met her at Rising Generation Chorus where they both are chorus members. It's fun to watch him go through the "liking" stages with girls and get so excited to see her and "text" her and go out on group dates with her.:)
This past weekend, the weirdest thing happened. All of a sudden I came down with a feeling of being bloated, cramps, and eventually the chills. And I mean THE CHILLS. For 1 hour I shook VIOLENTLY and was freezing. Why? I have no idea. I did ask for a blessing though, and as always am so thankful my husband holds the Holy Priesthood and is worthy of giving me a blessing at anytime. Within 5-10 minutes of receiving the blessing I felt better and was then able to sleep. Sometime during the night my fever broke (WET pillow!) and the next day I was tired and stayed in bed as much as possible. I still had a very light "fever-ish" type sweat and feeling, but did mostly OK. The following day, Sunday, I stayed home from Church, in bed again. By that night I was really feeling back to normal almost. I still took it easy though, just in case. But by Monday I was back to normal and getting back into the routine of things.
Well, by Tuesday I had broken out with THREE cold sores/canker-sores/fever blisters on my lips. I've only had a cold sore twice in my life, and that was in the past 1 1/2 years. So to have THREE at the same time is a bit much. They are painful! So I'm still medicating them and trying to get over those.
I am wondering if these are just "signs" of another infection somewhere in my body that I'm not aware of. I suppose time will tell.
I am just feeling very grateful for my family, specifically my wonderful husband. He loves me so totally and unconditionally. He is true and faithful. He comes home to me and the kids every night. He sacrifices for us and does a smash-up job at work too. He magnifies his church calling (Scout Master) and is always willing to help others in need. People call on him all the time to help. And we are happy he is able to. He loves me. This I know. All he has done, all the "fruit" that has "fallen from this tree" has proven to me that he loves me. I am so thankful for that. I love him dearly and I so look forward to spending Eternity with him.
I do not know what people do who do not have the knowledge of the gospel in their lives. I see divorce all around. I see children's lives destroyed by divorce. And how did I get so lucky and blessed as to have such a good and faithful husband? I am just so thankful.
Well, our New Year kicked off to a great start. All are healthy and fine. Life is good and we are so terribly blessed. We are so grateful!
Bob is off on a Scout Camp-out right now, due back tomorrow by lunch time. Jonathan was out last night with friends at the Dollar theater watching "Alpha and Omega" (cute movie!). One of the girls happens to be his "interest" at the moment. She's a cute girl, very shy, but very nice too. He met her at Rising Generation Chorus where they both are chorus members. It's fun to watch him go through the "liking" stages with girls and get so excited to see her and "text" her and go out on group dates with her.:)
This past weekend, the weirdest thing happened. All of a sudden I came down with a feeling of being bloated, cramps, and eventually the chills. And I mean THE CHILLS. For 1 hour I shook VIOLENTLY and was freezing. Why? I have no idea. I did ask for a blessing though, and as always am so thankful my husband holds the Holy Priesthood and is worthy of giving me a blessing at anytime. Within 5-10 minutes of receiving the blessing I felt better and was then able to sleep. Sometime during the night my fever broke (WET pillow!) and the next day I was tired and stayed in bed as much as possible. I still had a very light "fever-ish" type sweat and feeling, but did mostly OK. The following day, Sunday, I stayed home from Church, in bed again. By that night I was really feeling back to normal almost. I still took it easy though, just in case. But by Monday I was back to normal and getting back into the routine of things.
Well, by Tuesday I had broken out with THREE cold sores/canker-sores/fever blisters on my lips. I've only had a cold sore twice in my life, and that was in the past 1 1/2 years. So to have THREE at the same time is a bit much. They are painful! So I'm still medicating them and trying to get over those.
I am wondering if these are just "signs" of another infection somewhere in my body that I'm not aware of. I suppose time will tell.
I am just feeling very grateful for my family, specifically my wonderful husband. He loves me so totally and unconditionally. He is true and faithful. He comes home to me and the kids every night. He sacrifices for us and does a smash-up job at work too. He magnifies his church calling (Scout Master) and is always willing to help others in need. People call on him all the time to help. And we are happy he is able to. He loves me. This I know. All he has done, all the "fruit" that has "fallen from this tree" has proven to me that he loves me. I am so thankful for that. I love him dearly and I so look forward to spending Eternity with him.
I do not know what people do who do not have the knowledge of the gospel in their lives. I see divorce all around. I see children's lives destroyed by divorce. And how did I get so lucky and blessed as to have such a good and faithful husband? I am just so thankful.
2 comments:
I guess you went with "delete it." :) I read your other post this morning--and my heart went out to you. I don't have much advice, but you'll be in my prayers. I recently started painting again, and it is such a release. You don't need a cabin (well, maybe you do sometimes...)--just some time carved out for yourself. Easier said than done, but so necessary.
Holly- thank you so very much! you are so sweet and just reading your reply helped to sooth my troubled soul. I DO have friends! :)
I am seriously going to save up and start painting again. I miss it terribly.
I felt horrible about the horrible post, and decided to keep it just because it's part of my life... but then figured I better not. Bob wanted me to make some adjustments to it, and I figured I probably should have kept Jonathan's "bed issue" private, and... and... and.... so I just deleted it.
At least it helped to VENT, even if it was only one day.
Thank you for commenting and reminding me that I do have friends, and that others feel and understand. I really mean that.
If you were here, I'd hug you and cry. :)
Post a Comment