Thursday, January 27, 2011

MY LITTLE GIRL IS SICK

I think one of the worst parts of motherhood is when your child is sick and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.  Our Emily got sick today - sore throat, fever, headache, and red swollen tonsils.  She got strepp throat about 2 years ago. Then got it again last year. Now this.  She seems to be prone to getting throat infections.  She still sucks her thumb... I wonder if that has anything to do with this?  It seems to always start out as post-nasal drip/sinuses.  Moves down into the throat, then the throat gets sore, then she gets a fever, then full-blown sick.

I hope she will feel better tomorrow.  She did get a blessing tonight, and we gave her some Advil and home remedy for sore throats.  Hope it works!

Having her in my life is simply a highlight. She is so pure and innocent still, and she is so sweet.  She tries so hard to be obedient and she is much more patient than any of the rest of us. She just makes me happy - especially when she gives me her big hugs.  I love her!

I'll leave you with some of her drawing. The first two were done in Art Class and the last was just "doodling".  Emily is ALL about Art.  And she loves to draw "fashion things".  haha!


Good night!





No comments:

Merry Christmas 2022!

This post is taken directly from our family Christmas newsletter, with minimum edits (which are not for public posting).     🎄 Merry Christ...