The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Very neat book to read and would easily recommend it to anyone interested in knowing what WWII, Hitler, his invacion of Poland, History, the Polish people, Warsaw, etc., are like. The author gives solid descriptions of places, people and things while giving a good insight into the protagonist and her husband and their personalities, lives, interactions with others, and how they survived the war.
Historical fiction. If you like hIstory and WWII, this is for you. If you don't, this will still entertain you like a good movie. Not too short of a book, it'll keep you captivated. It got my interest up so much, I had to look up their children and learn more about them. Fascinating!
Amazing what these people lived through who got through WWII. It makes me wonder why so many people today are so emotionally sensitive or 'weak' (for lack of a better word) that they can't handle the hard, tough patches of life that so many others have lived through and continued to improve their lives. Then again, I don't have all the fact on each individual person, so I can't really judge that unless it's a blanket statement - which we all know how well those go over. But I digress....
These kinds of books make me want to be better, wiser, stronger and more resilient. It inspires me to be better.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment