Sunday, February 27, 2022

Review: A Proper Scoundrel

 


 

A Proper Scoundrel by Esther Hatch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this G-rated romance and appreciated the G rating. I found I had to rewind several times (audiobook) while listening, because it didn't keep my attention all the time. There were times it did. But that may be just me. Maybe it has to do with me doing dishes or laundry or working on the computer while listening, too. It was nevertheless a fun book to read and "veg" with.

I read many books that one could consider "heavy" so every 2-3 books I like to listen to something just for fun, no note-taking, and no huge effort to remember the history or names of people and places. lol!  (Have I mentioned I love history? Politics? Historical fiction? Philosophy? Geo-Political books, past and present? Religious books? Biographies?)

A story of a young woman decidedly against marriage, in old England when women were to be at home, yet she was a railroad owner and businesswoman, and was decided on fending off any suitors (and there were plenty.) So she decides to engage a man, known to be a womanizer, to pretend they're bf/gf. He, too, has made solemn resolutions to never marry again after his first marriage went south.

You can guess the rest. As they interact, they can't help but be drawn like magnets and begin to have feelings for each other. And so the story goes.....

Fun to read/listen to.

View all my reviews

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

and his thighs quivered as his athiest bisexual jewish husband gave him love

Anonymous said...

"just kidding this is a picture of an american protest" --pans to an image of January 6 and teri nine in an electric wheelchair racing down bear spray

Bob said...

Did you know that Trump literally restricted military aid to Ukraine to dig up a fake news story on Biden having "illegal ties" to the country? Just asking questions, do you see the Deep State money-laundering operation yet? Yeah you moron.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ I came here after seeing this and this woman really is just laying on her couch all day reposting memes as if they mean jack shit. Seriously I'm screen shotting all of her account for my research on Alt-Right and Russian disinformation campaigns. Perfect case of "I did my research" on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

"oh look, communism" says the woman who literally begged for life saving drugs provided via the state when she refused to take personal responsibility against COVID. What a joke. Pathetic. Miserable.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about how a year ago you were praising Russia's over the top macho military ads and now their army is losing tanks to Ukrainian farmers with tractors.

Hypocrite Teri said...

"Please don't share anything from this zoom."

"Oh what's that you want me to share this to my Twitter? I was busy on the phone with Patriot Putin."


--your favorite Rubio compromising Ukrainian classified information

Michael said...

You know, treating people right is better than posting Book of Mormon verses everyday that you dont even practice, teri.

Anonymous said...

Lady, you straight up spend all day posting literal garbage on your freaking cell phone instead of reading a text book. Do you not see how ironic it is you're posting about children being addicted to the internet??

Anonymous said...

"Truth: They’re doing it because it’s all part of the plan. Silence those speaking truth. Putin, Zelensky, Jinping and Biden are in bed together. Period."

--Correction, it's "Putin, Zelensky, Xi and Biden" you idiot.

"oh i know everything about everyone, i have 10000 degrees in Facebook international relations"

Anonymous said...

Teri Nine sure knows parenting. Affirm your child and Republicans will send you to prison for life. Rape your child and REpublicans will force the child to give birth. Just a national party innovating multiple ways to disappear parents, abuse children and destroy public education.

Merry Christmas 2022!

This post is taken directly from our family Christmas newsletter, with minimum edits (which are not for public posting).     🎄 Merry Christ...