Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Review: Discovering Adam-Ondi-Ahman

 


 

Discovering Adam-Ondi-Ahman by Randall C. Bird
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very interesting! I learned things I never knew- and was reminded of a few I did. Did you know that all worthy, temple-recommend holders will be at the great meeting at Adam-ondi-Ahman? ALL of them. Whether in-person or something like virtual, they'll all be there - and from all generation of time. So cool! Backed up with scripture and words of the prophets, this lays out the what, how, and why of Adam-ondi-Ahman.

One of my favorite last quotes from this, not a book, but lengthy talk:

“Brothers and sisters, can you imagine the time when Christ and all the righteous who have lived will gather at Adam-ondi-Ahman and partake of the Sacrament? I like to picture it much like a solemn assembly when we sustain a new prophet, only this time, in my mind, I can picture Adam conducting the meeting as Jesus Christ presides. And then he will sustain Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords.  Can you picture that? Just like we do at that solemn assembly by a quorum, by Priesthood, by entire Church membership, Adam could possibly say something like: ‘It is proposed that we sustain Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords. All those in favor, so manifest it.’ Don’t you want to be there? Don’t you desire to be in attendance at this great event?!”

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Nice vice signaling, Teri

Merry Christmas 2022!

This post is taken directly from our family Christmas newsletter, with minimum edits (which are not for public posting).     🎄 Merry Christ...