Sunday, February 6, 2022

Review: The Rules in Rome

 


 

The Rules in Rome by A.L. Sowards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fun book to read with a great ending. It doesn't have as much history regarding WWII in Italy as I was hoping for - I'm a history buff - but it was fun nonetheless. Mostly the focus is a love story set in Rome during WWII. Several plot twists, a couple of nail biting moments, and some moments that, for me at least, were also ho-hum. So there's a bit of everything in this book. I guess that makes it a good book, eh? :)  Short read, great for a relaxing read to get your mind off the insanity of what is today's society and culture. Who knew a WWII story would ever become the "relaxing" part!?

View all my reviews

7 comments:

L. Quin said...

It really takes a lot of nerve to hold a country to ransom over a pandemic that EVERYBODY ELSE BUT YOU is helping to end.

Bryan said...

The media used huge font and enormous headlines to provide wall-to-wall coverage of Hillary Clinton's eamils. Where's the breathless coverage of four years of Trump's document destruction? Attempt to conceal is consciousness of guilt. Listen. Teri.

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0w52V1toNw I guess these were just "Antifa spies" huh and not your dream?

Anonymous said...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ottawa-arson-attempt-apartment-building-b2009791.html For your awareness, Teri. Guess you'll just claim this is a "false flag" with your conspiracy mind and lack of critical thinking skills. Enjoy spending all day just reposting things you find on Facebook, mindlessly.

Anonymous said...

Desantis outlawed blocking streets as a form of protest after the BLM protests, then supports truckers doing the EXACT same thing in Ottawa. Talk about consistency, just like your brain.

Anonymous said...

wahwahwah im big baby -teri anytime something inconveniences her

Jonathan said...

I truly love how you argue that private health choices such as drinking affect others lives (ie drunk driving, healthcare costs) and that people should take personal responsibilities for society. Then when a preventable disease comes around you're like "f*** yeah, spread it" instead of "maybe I should think of others", as you go overfilling hospitals.

Merry Christmas 2022!

This post is taken directly from our family Christmas newsletter, with minimum edits (which are not for public posting).     🎄 Merry Christ...